Friday, September 08, 2006

Arrived in Toronto

Despite a series of obstactles, I have finally arrived in Toronto.

I thought I might miss my flight when there was a car accident on the way to the airport, but once I got to the airport, thinks went smoothly.

Russ picked me up in downtown Pittsburgh, and the pleasure of meeting a long-time acquaintance helped the drive from Pittsburg to Toronto go smoothly.

We arrived about 11 p.m. and Doug met us at the hostel with the keys. It probably would have been a good idea to turn in, but I was wired and so we found a place to chat for awhile. Toronto is a nice city, and the hostel is a new experience.

The only slip up was that it said on the Internet that I did not need a passport if I was driving into Canada but they asked for one anyway. Fortunately Russ had mentioned something on the phone, so I brought it with me just in case. Good thing I did.

Now...let the films begin.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Interesting about the passport. I thought folks didn't need one until 2007. Guess I wouldn't have been allowed across the border....

Glad to hear everyone arrived safely. Enjoy the films!