Saturday, February 24, 2007

Movie Prayers: Offret (The Sacrifice)

Our Father, who...
Our Father, who art in Heaven...
hallowed by thy name...
Thy Kingdom come..
Thy will be done...
Give us this day our daily bread...
And deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom...
and the Power...
and the Glory.
Amen.
Lord!
Deliver us in this terrible time.
Don't let my children die,
nor my friends...
my wife...
Victor...
All those who love Thee and believe in Thee...
All those who do not believe in Thee, because they are blind...
those who haven't given Thee a thought...
simply because they haven't yet been truly miserable.
All those who in this hour have lost their hope, their future...
their lives...
and the opportunity to surrender to Thy will.
All those who are filled with dread
who feel the End coming closer...
who fear, not for themselves, but for their loved ones.
All those whom no one,
except Thou, can offer protection.
Because this war is the ultimate war
a horrible thing.
And after it, there will be no victors and no vanquished...
no cities or towns, grass or trees,
water in the wells,
or birds in the sky.
I will give Thee all I have.
I'll give up my family, whom I love.
I'll destroy my home,
and give up Little Man.
I'll be mute, and never speak another word to anyone.
I will relinquish everything that binds me to life...
if only Thou dost restore everything as it was before...
as it was this morning and yesterday
Just let me be rid of
this deadly...
sickening, animal fear!
Yes, everything!
Lord!
Help me...
I will do everything I have promised Thee.

No comments: