Thursday, September 04, 2008

Airports

So I arrived at the counter for Air Canada (United, actually serving as their US partner) at 5:16 a.m. and was told the "cut off" for my flight was 5:15 and that they would therefor refuse to check me in or give me my boarding pass.

So I had to call Air Canada at 5:20 and have them rebook me for a 10:50 flight (despite the fact that the plane I was booked on still wasn't leaving for another 40 minutes) and got charged $50 for inconveniencing them. Sigh.

So, I'm strolling through the gate terminal trying to find some space that doesn't have CNN blaring out of a speaker playing some paid Republican pundit trying to spin the Sarah Palin nomination with a straight face. Over and over. On a 3-5 minute loop.

I think hell must be a little like this...only, you know, without the promise of Toronto after a few hours of torment.

No comments: