Monday, June 18, 2007

Best...round...ever.

So I was fortunate enough to get paired up with Wes at tonight's blind-draw, best shot doubles at OT Sloan, and found myself on the winning team for the second time this season.

We shot a 40, which is, I'm pretty sure, my lowest round of disc golf, ever. (If it isn't, it's tied; Chris Temple and I might have shot a 40 at Higher Ground two years ago.)

What made this one especially gratifying is that I actually contributed to the team effort, making a few medium range putts, a solid approach on 11, and a handful of drives that led to birdies. I usually joke with Wes that my strategy is for him to shoot a -11 and I'll promise to get one of the seven holes he misses. There's more than a grain of truth in that, but I'm finally getting to the point in my game where I feel like I can be an asset to a pairing and not just along for the ride. I'm still not going to carry anyone to victory, but (I hope) I can let some of the better players be a little loose, knowing they don't have to make every shot.

1 comment:

T.C. Truffin said...

Way cool! Looking forward to your visit so we can shoot the Tiffin course.