Saturday, June 12, 2010

World Cup 2010 Game 3: S. Korea 2, Greece 0

My resolution to watch every game is tested in the second day as a 7:30 a.m. start time gets confounded by my leaving my phone (which I use as a portable alarm clock) in the other room. First time in a long time I've been happy that my cat likes to cry in the morning to wake us up.

First upset of the tournament, I guess. Greece could be in real trouble, although I'll reserve judgment until I see Argentina play two solid games in a row.

There were a lot of empty seats in the stadium. Enough that the announcers even mentioned it, which is one difference between international announcers and American ones. I understand the world economy is what it is, but I think FIFA ought to be concerned. Of course, this may just be the case of the teams playing not having huge fan bases or a lot of international appeal for the local fans.

No comments: