Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tournament Preparation

I'm playing in the Stephens County Pro Am this weekend, and I decided to try to prepare for a tournament in a slightly different way--I've been playing rounds leading up to the tournament designed to take me out of the comfort zone.

I went on a Sunday to Buckhorn because I knew it would be crowded and got in with a group. Sometimes the pace of play in a tournament can throw you off. Yesterday, I threw from the pro tees to get different looks at holes and practice throwing holes I hadn't seen in a while. This tactic also made me work on my approach game--really trying to be 100% up and down in 2 from within 150 feet.

I shot a 60 from the pro tees at Buckhorn (with a 3 putt on hole 5...grrr), so I hope I'm not leaving it all on the practice greens.

No comments: