Saturday, March 29, 2008

Netflix "Recommendations"

I hate to pile on Netflix since, on the whole, they do a lot of things right. I would like to note by way of preface, though, that my profile says that I have rated 2874 movies at that site under their urging that if I rate more movies, they can fine tune my recommendations.

So I think it's a little disingenuous of them to parse what was no doubt a paid banner promotion as a recommendation:

"If you enjoyed:

Drawn Together, Season 1
Escape to Grizzly Mountain

We think you'll enjoy:

Futurama: Bender's Big Score."



Hey, thanks for that head's up, guys.

I'm pretty sure if YOU enjoyed The Harlem Globetrotters Visit Gilligan's Island and From Justin 2 Kelly, you will probably like Hanna Barbara Presents: A Lawrence of Arabia Christmas.

I'm running off to update my queue right now.

No comments: